Monday, July 6, 2015

Burger, Fries, and a Soda

Awhile back, we were at Carl's Jr waiting for our food. A young man walked in and asked what was the cheapest item on the menu. He then counted his change hoping he had the $2.00 to pay for his burger. I realize at moments like this how blessed I am. I hand the guy $5 and said, "Here, order some fries to go with that." You would think I had handed him $100. He replied, "Wow, this is my lucky
day. I think I'll even have a soda. Boy, this will be a feast". I just smiled, took our bag of food, and left. Whether by choices or circumstances, that could have been me, my husband, my brother, or my son digging for pennies to have a bite to eat. No matter what the reason, everyone deserves food, water, and a smile. If each of us helps just one person, the world would be a better place.
Praying for you Eddie!
~Chris - Hayward

1 comment: