Friday, July 10, 2015

She Missed His Hugs

I was at my work, rushing around because I was behind schedule because more people than usual had ask for help when I was fixing a display. As I was quickly fixing the display, a hand came over my shoulder. Looking up, I discovered an old lady. I politely asked if she needed any help. She replied "Would you mind giving me a hug?" Being shocked by this weird request, I awkwardly have her a hug, but when I pulled back, I noticed tears in her eyes. "What wrong?" I asked, alarmed, thinking that I had somehow hurt the poor frail women. She proceeded to tell me the most heart breaking story. She needed that hug because she had gone to the cemetery to visit her husband and was now upset because he was a hugger and she missed his hugs. Feeling touched by her story, I walked the lady around the store, making sure she got what she needed, then sent her off with a warm loving hug. Now every time I see her I make sure to greet her with a hug.
~Sydnee

1 comment: