Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Some Bills Wrapped Around a Nutrition Bar

When I deposit my monthly check into the bank, I take out some extra spending money. I change it into smaller bills and put it in an accessible place in my car along with some nutrition bars and/or fresh fruit. Whenever I see someone at a red light with a cardboard sign asking for help, I give them
some bills wrapped around some of the food or in a small bag and share with the person. When giving it to someone, I always ask how they are and wish them well. When/if I run out before the end of the month, I try to, at least acknowledge people asking for help with care and respect, make eye contact, smile, and make a friendly comment if time allows. People should not be ignored when they ask for help even if you cannot or will not give them something at that time.
~Catherine

1 comment: