Thursday, July 9, 2015

People Willingly Dove Into Their Pockets

While thrift store shopping yesterday, I noticed the reason for a quickly lengthening line. A woman at the register had rummaged through her purse several times, unable to come up with an additional 9 cents. She didn't leave the item; rather, stood firm and said, "I don't have any more money."
Remembering #RAokForEddie, I had already found 7 cents change. I turned to the line behind me and asked, "Does anyone have 2 cents?" Everyone searched. It was easy for me to simply place 9 cents on the counter for this lady while, her needed item would have been left behind without it.

Eddie, thanks for reminding me and the people who willingly dove into their pockets to help another, that RAoK doesn't hurt.

 Happy birthday.
~Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment