Thursday, July 9, 2015

Patience and Kindness is Easy to Share

I was on a 10 hour overnight flight from California to London and I believe it was the day I heard about #RAoKForEddie. I had paid to upgrade my seat to premium economy (I never do this) in hopes
of getting a good nights sleep before work the next day.

Very soon after I got my seat, a young mother and toddler sat behind me. As soon as we departed, this little girl became quickly uncomfortable. For the next several hours, she kicked my chair and cried and screamed as loud as she possibly could while her mother so patiently and gently tried to calm her. I was getting increasingly frustrated that I was embarking on 8+ more hours of this, until I started to notice that I was getting a combination of very irritated and very sympathetic looks from fellow passengers. I realized that if I was seeing these looks, she was too. She took a moment to apologize out loud.

I thought of Eddie and I turned around and said to this woman who was in complete panic at this point "don't worry about anything, you are doing a great job," -- loud enough for the other passengers to hear. She smiled and I saw her body language visibly relax. Very soon after, her daughter fell asleep.

Thank you Eddie for reminding me that patience and kindness is easy to share and best of all, it doesn't cost a thing.

~Christine

2 comments:

  1. Awesome :) Way to go. I too have found myself having more patient, remembering Eddie's cause :)

    ReplyDelete