Saturday, July 4, 2015

Paying to Forward to One Who Pays it Forward.

I got my nails done and got into deep discussions with my nail technician. We talked about how some people have angry hearts.. I agreed. We talked about how life is short, tomorrow isn't promised and it feels good to be a a happy, good person..how its sometimes a struggle to be happy, but it comes back to u, when u do good. So she continued to tell me about her 17 year old son, how he volunteers and
doesn't want to work yet, as he loves volunteering, he lives at home, so its ok with his parents, he gets great joy helping others etc..he gets money only from birthdays holidays or tips sometimes.. He is grateful no matter what..I myself love helping others, I buy food for the homeless all the time, hand out blankets when its cold etc.. But..this young man already knows the feeling and the meaning of caring. So when my nails were complete.. I went to pay..I gave my technician a $10 tip (yes I'm a good tipper, as my moms a beautician and I know how hard they work in the beauty industry) and I put $10 extra bucks..so $20 tip, I put my credit card away, turned to the technician and said "please give the $10 to your son from me", her face lit up..she thanked me. I came back the next day for my pedicure, she told me she gave her son the money, his face lit up and he said "she really cares about me, wow". So needless to say, she said it made his day, and now she has made my day by telling me his reaction. What a great boy!!
Jacqueline - California

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jacqueline. So glad to hear people teaching people to be loving and caring members of society. They are our tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete